An attorney for Jonathan Majors is trying to run a PR campaign that ought to be left to professionals.
Last Saturday, Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York on misdemeanor charges of assault, aggravated harassment, attempted assault, and strangulation in a reported dispute with his girlfriend after the woman allegedly saw another woman texting the actor, which led to a confrontation.
Not long after he was arrested, two separate directors each publicly accused Majors of bad behavior — with one going as far as to accuse Majors of having an known “emotionally violent/professionally abusive” history.
Shortly before this incident, there had been some debate over his purported presentation of a “softer” form of masculinity — drawing the ire of online he-man woman haters over his appearance on the latest issue of Ebony magazine.
Many of those same men have since rushed to his defense after the news of his arrest broke because apparently, it’s not okay for men to wear some colors but it’s perfectly fine to leave marks and bruises on a woman.
I was not in the car where the alleged assault took place, and though I’m always inclined to believe women, I will say this: Majors has a right to profess his innocence but his lawyer is already doing a fairly shitty job of trying to clear his name.
In addition to apparent video footage from inside the vehicle, Chaudhry promised texts in which the alleged victim says she’s to blame and doesn’t want Majors to be prosecuted.
There is no video, but on Thursday, Chaudhry shared those texts with TMZ, Page Six, and presumably other related outlets that center largely around celebrities.
Upon reading them, it’s hard to glean why Chaudhry made her decision..
According to the messages, which have not been independently verified by any news organization, following Majors’ arrest, the woman wrote, “I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone.”